Summer 2016 Global Seminars
UCSD Global Seminars are five-week long summer study abroad experiences led by a UCSD professor. Students enroll in a package of two courses for a total of eight UCSD quarter units. Class sizes are between 15–28 students, so there are excellent opportunities for one-on-one interaction with some of the best faculty at UCSD. All courses are taught in English.
- Announcing new Global Seminars in Auckland, New Zealand; Dublin, Ireland; Oaxaca, Mexico; and Sydney, Australia for summer 2017. See the program flyer (pdf) for the complete list of 2017 locations. Details available before the beginning of fall quarter.
- Applications accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis from November 1 through March 1.
- UC San Diego students in good academic and disciplinary standing
- Visiting students from another UC campus in good academic and disciplinary standing
- Visiting students from other universities in good academic and disciplinary standing
- Anyone who has already completed an undergraduate degree
- All applicants must be at least 18 years old by beginning of the program.
- International students must have a valid US visa that expires after the end of the program abroad.
- If you have a question about going abroad with a disability, please contact email@example.com.
Find your program:
Choose a seminar by field of study:
Global Seminar courses may fulfill additional major, minor, or general education requirements beyond those listed below. Download the syllabi from the program overview page, and check with your academic advisor(s) to confirm.
Choose a seminar by region:
Choose a seminar by term:
Exact program dates listed on program overview page.