Find scholarships help fund your journey abroad
There are countless scholarships available for studying abroad!
Study Abroad UC San Diego administers several scholarships specifically for UC San Diego Students. There are also scholarships administered by other colleges and departments on campus, as well as by specific program providers. Use the links below to help you with your search.
- Friends of the International Center Scholarships [which is comprised of the Ernest Mort International Scholarship for Revelle Students, Fliesbach International Scholarship, So Family Endowed Undergraduate Scholarship, and the Friends of the International Center Scholarship]
- Chris Borton Memorial Scholarship
- Study Abroad, UC San Diego General Scholarships
- OAP Affiliate Scholarships [for students participating in a program sponsored by: IFSA-Butler, ISA, and SIT
View details about each scholarship, including eligibility and award amounts on our Scholarships Flyer.
How to Apply
A scholarship application and instructions is available to print from this page during the fall and spring application periods. You can use this single application form to be considered for all of the scholarships administrered by Study Abroad UC San Diego.
The scholarship application for students departing for study abroad programs in Summer 2017 and Fall 2017 can be found at this link: Study Abroad UC San Diego Scholarship Application
Please print and complete the scholarship application from the link above and bring it in person to the Study Abroad office by Tuesday, April 4, 2017 before 4:00pm.
Students interested in applying for the University of Oslo's International Summer School program (offered through UCEAP
) are eligible to apply for scholarships of approximately $1750 USD which would cover about half the cost of the summer program tuition and housing fees, excluding any transportation costs. Please make an appointment with the Study Abroad advisor to Norway by calling 858-534-1123 or emailing email@example.com
to learn more.
Most of UCSD's six college provide their own scholarships. Check with your academic advising office to find out what scholarship opportunities your college has to offer.
Many students need financial assistance to study abroad. In addition to applying federal and state aid toward the cost of your program, studying with UCEAP makes you eligible for UC Financial Aid as well as UC and UCEAP scholarships.
Find information about the various UCEAP specific scholarships on UCEAP's scholarship page.
Listed below are scholarships available from our affiliates and open to Undergraduates ONLY. These scholarships are administered by Study Abroad UC San Diego. Award amounts vary by provider; check the "OAP Affiliate Scholarships for Study Abroad" flyer for specific amounts.
In addition, Semester at Sea offers a special scholarship for UC San Diego students. Participants will be contacted directly about the opportunity from Semester at Sea if you apply.
- While abroad, scholarship recipients must send e-mails and pictures about their experiences abroad to our office
- Volunteer to work the Study Abroad UC San Diego EXPO or a General Orientation
- Volunteer to speak as returnee for an Information Session, Country Session, or Country Orientation
- Actively support OAP outreach and recruitment efforts upon return
- All service will be tracked and recorded to ensure fulfillment of requirements
There is a service requirement associated with these scholarships.
How to Apply
- Click on the link to access the OAP Affiliate Application.
- "Save As" the blank application to your computer before filling it out.
- Open the saved blank application form.
- Follow the checklist to completion.
- Save the completed application form to your computer.
- Please email the completed application form along with all other requested documents from the form's checklist to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "OAP Affiliate Scholarship Application".
For programs departing in Summer 2017 and Fall 2017, the deadline to apply is Monday, May 15, 2017, 4:00pm.
There are several national and general scholarships you may apply for separate from the UCSD-specific scholarships, above. Among them are:
Amounts and eligibililty vary. Please see links above for requirements and applications.
The following search engines are also good sources for finding scholarships to go abroad: